"MCGPA/Linde Technical Symposium"
As a kick-off to Tulsa's Oktoberfest festival (https://tulsaoktoberfest.org/), the Midcontinent Chapter of GPA Midstream and Linde Engineering North America are co-sponsoring a Technical Symposium (https://tulsangsymposium.com/).
- Class Description: This event will have six technical presentations dealing with various aspects of gas processing facilities. See the agenda below for the specific topics and speakers.
- Cost: $25 for all attendees. The funds collected will be used by the MCGPA for scholarships, community service on behalf of the midstream industry, and future training events.
- Location: River Spirit Casino Resort, 8330 Riverside Pkwy, Tulsa, OK 74137. For those that choose to stay at the River Spirit hotel (888-748-3731), discounts are available by mentioning "Linde Engineering." Discounts are only valid if booked by 9/20.
- PDH hours will be available at the end of the event.
For those that register and attend the event, Linde will provide one free Oktoberfest ticket to Corporate Night beginning at 5 p.m., October 16th, which will include entrance into Linde's hospitality tent. In addition, transportation will be provided to and from the River Spirit hotel.
7:30 – 8:30: Registration & Breakfast
8:30 – 9:00: Welcome Speech
9:00 - 9:50: Filter separator vs Coalescer, making the right choice
- Presenter: Stephen Jeane
9:50 - 10:00: Break
10:00 - 10:50: Integrally Geared Centrifugal Compressors for Midstream
- Presenter: Sami Tabaza - Market Segment Manager Gas Processing
- Synopsis: The U.S gas processing industry is facing requirements for increased flexibility and larger capacity. To meet these challenges, the industry requires improved choices of gas compression to cope with varying flows, gas mole weights and pressures based on either Rich Gas and Lean Gas or Ethane Recovery and Rejection Mode of operation. Equipment lifecycle cost along with reliability, flexibility and efficiency are important factors when selecting the right compression technology. One of the possible choices is Integrally Geared Centrifugal Compressors. The presenter will go through some features of this type and how can fit your plants’ refrigeration and residue application.
10:50 - 11:00: Break
11:00 - 11:50: Fundamentals of Molecular Sieve Adsorption and Use in Natural Gas Processing
- Presenter: Mike Schneider
- Synopsis: Molecular sieve types, properties, adsorption theory, design of molecular sieve beds, and operation in natural gas and NGL processing
11:50 - 1:00: Lunch
1:00 - 1:50: How to Develop a Capital Project
- Presenter: Joe Soerries - Director of Project Development
1:50 - 2:00: Break
2:00 - 2:50: Designing and Operating a Successful Heat Medium System
- Presenter: Doyle Bishop - President/Owner
- Synopsis: There are many choices to make in designing an HMO system. This presentation identifies the necessary technical considerations to make the right choices for optimizing the performance and reliability of the HMO system including heaters, pumps, expansion drums, filters and instrumentation.
2:50 - 3:00: Break
3:00 - 3:50: Linde – A Novel Direction for NGL Plant Design
- Presenter: Grant McCool – Manager Process Engineering
Synopsis: With the continued commoditization of NGL plants, the midstream industry demands accelerated delivery times, while expecting high recovery performance and operational flexibility. To meet these demands, Linde has developed a simpler, more efficient NGL Plant design that moves away from the traditional closed loop propane refrigeration system and replaces it with an integrated open loop refrigeration system.
Tulsa, OK 74137